It is so good to be back at the fort.
回到堡壘真是太好了。
Right, squeaks, our research trip was great but it's so good to be officially home.
是的,吱吱,我們的研究之旅很棒,但正式回家真是太好了。
Hi, everyone, Jesse and squeaks here.
嗨,大家好,杰西和吱吱在這里。
We just got back from our big research trip in Cahokia.
我們剛從卡霍基亞的大型研究之旅回來。
And we missed you so much while we were gone.
當我們離開的時候,我們是如此的想念你們。
We learned a ton of cool things.
我們學到了很多很酷的東西。
But we're excited to be back at the fort to do more science.
但我們很高興能回到堡壘做更多的科學研究。
And speaking of science, while we were on our way home, i started thinking about how lots of animals travel during the year.
說到科學,當我們在回家的路上,我開始思考一年中許多動物是如何旅行的。
Every spring and fall, all kinds of animals migrate or travel long distances to do things like have babies or find food.
每年春天和秋天,各種動物都會遷徙或長途跋涉來做一些事情,比如生孩子或尋找食物。
And that got me wondering how do they know where they're going.
這讓我想知道他們怎么知道自己要去哪里。
You don't see birds flying around with maps.
你看不到鳥兒拿著地圖飛來飛去。
So I decided to find out and it turns out animals have some really neat tricks.
所以我決定找出答案,結果發現動物有一些非常巧妙的技巧。
What's that, squeaks?
那是什么,吱吱?
You could totally take a guess.
你完全可以猜一猜。
Whenever you have a science question, it can be a great idea to brainstorm what you think the answer is.
每當你有一個科學問題時,頭腦風暴一下你認為答案是什么,這可能是一個很好的主意。
So how do you think animals know which way to go?
那么你認為動物是如何知道該走哪條路的呢?
Oh, landmarks.
哦,地標性建筑。
Great idea.
好主意。
Landmarks are special things you notice along your journey that you recognize when you see them again.
地標是你在旅途中注意到的特殊事物,當你再次看到它們時,你會認出它們來。
Like how when I'm on my way to the store, i know i always have to turn right at the big blue house on the corner.
就像我在去商店的路上,我知道我總是要在拐角處的藍色大房子右轉。
And it turns out animals use landmarks, too.
事實證明,動物也使用地標。
Except they're not always looking at houses.
只是他們并不總是在看房子。
They might use bushes or logs or bigger things like forests or mountains, when they see a mountain that's familiar, they know they're going the right way.
他們可能會使用灌木叢或原木或更大的東西,如森林或山脈,當他們看到一座熟悉的山時,他們知道他們走的路是正確的。
Except, well, here's a question.
除了,好吧,我有個問題。
What if there aren't any good landmarks ?
如果沒有什么好的地標怎么辦?
Like some animals fly or swim in the ocean, which is just a bunch of water, so how do they know where to go?
就像有些動物在海洋里飛行或游泳,那只是一堆水,那么它們怎么知道該去哪里呢?
Squeaks, any ideas?
吱吱,有什么想法嗎?
Yeah, that's okay.
好的,沒問題。
It's a tricky one.
這是一個棘手的問題。
When there aren't good landmarks, some animals that are awake at night like certain seals and birds use the stars for directions.
當沒有好的地標時,一些晚上醒著的動物,比如某些海豹和鳥,會用星星來指路。
They look for things like patterns in the stars.
他們尋找像星星圖案一樣的東西。
And when they find the right pattern they know that walking swimming or flying toward, those stars will take them where they need to go.
當他們找到正確的模式時,他們知道走路、游泳或飛向那里,這些星星會帶他們去他們需要去的地方。
Isn't that so cool?
這不是很酷嗎?
Sometimes when you chase your curiosity and try to find answers to the things you wonder about.
有時,當你追逐你的好奇心,試圖找到你想知道的事情的答案時。
You end up learning something amazing that you never could have guessed.
你最終學到了一些你永遠猜不到的令人驚嘆的東西。
So some animals use landmarks and some use stars but other animals like certain birds and bees can do something extra cool.
因此,一些動物使用地標,一些動物使用星星,但其他動物,如某些鳥和蜜蜂,可以做一些額外的酷的事情。
Something people can't do.
一些人們做不到的事情。
They have an internal compass.
他們有一個內置的指南針。
You might have used a compass if you've ever been on a hiking trip.
如果你曾經徒步旅行,你可能會使用指南針。
They have a little needle in them that always points north.
他們身上有一根總是指向北方的小針。
So they can tell you which direction you're going.
這樣他們就能告訴你你要往哪個方向走。
Birds and bees have a compass like this inside them.
鳥類和蜜蜂體內都有一個這樣的指南針。
We're still learning how it works but these animals can tell which way is north all by themselves.
我們仍在學習它是如何工作的,但這些動物自己就能分辨出哪條路是北方的。
So when it's time to move they know which way they're facing .
因此,到了該行動的時候,他們知道自己面對的是哪個方向。
Man, I wish I had an internal compass that would have made getting back to the fort so much easier.
天哪,我希望我有一個內置的指南針,可以讓回到堡壘變得更容易。
But that's okay squeaks and i had a map and we know which landmarks to look out for on the way.
但這沒什么,我有一張地圖,我們知道在路上要注意哪些地標。
So we didn't get lost too many time.
這樣我們就不會迷路太多。
I'm so glad we decided to explore how animals get home though.
我很高興我們決定探索動物是如何回家的。
They do it so many ways and it really makes me think about how different and interesting each kind of animal is.
它們有這么多的方式,這真的讓我思考每一種動物是多么的不同和有趣。
Okay, squeaks, I think your time machine is ready to go.
好了,吱吱,我想你們的時光機已經準備好了。
Oh what's wrong, buddy?
哦,怎么了,伙計?
You wish your time machine was real so you could actually go back to your favorite days.
你希望你的時光機是真實的,這樣你就可以真正回到你最喜歡的日子。
I know, pal, but just think of all the great days that we haven't even had yet.
我知道,伙計,但想想我們還沒有度過的那些美好的日子。
And since we can watch all these videos of our favorite days, it is sort of like we have a time machine.
由于我們可以觀看所有這些我們最喜歡的日子的視頻,這有點像我們有一臺時光機。
Oh, I'm so glad that cheered you up.
哦,我真高興讓你高興起來了。
Squeaks, squeaks, where'd you go?
吱吱,吱吱,你去哪里了?
Oh, where you are?
哦,你在哪里?
What on earth happened?
到底發生了什么事?
Squeaks, is that another you? And another you?
尖叫,那是另一個你嗎?另一個你呢?
Squeaks, where did you go?
吱吱,你去哪里了?
Well, I guess we have some things to figure out.
好吧,我想我們有一些事情要弄清楚。
So we better go.
所以我們最好還是走吧。
Thanks for joining us today.
感謝你今天參加我們的節目。
If you want to keep learning exploring and having fun with squeaks, squeaks, squeaks and me and all of our other friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button and we'll see you next time on scishow kids.
如果你想繼續與吱吱和我以及我們所有其他朋友,一起學習、探索,請務必點擊訂閱按鈕,我們下一次將在少兒科學秀中與你相見。