"I shall not leave you," I said.
“我不離開你?!蔽艺f。
I shall look as if I were suffering. I shall look a little as if I were dying.
我將會象是很痛苦的樣子…我有點象要死去似的。
It is like that. Do not come to see that. It is not worth the trouble...
就是這么回事,你就別來看這些了,沒有必要。
I shall not leave you.
我不離開你。
But he was worried. I tell you it is also because of the snake.
可是他擔心起來。我對你說這些這也是因為蛇的緣故。
He must not bite you. Snakes,they are malicious creatures. This one might bite you just for fun...
別讓它咬了你,蛇是很壞的,它隨意咬人.
I shall not leave you.
我不離開你。
But a thought came to reassure him: "It is true that they have no more poison for a second bite."
這時,他似乎有點放心了:“對了,它咬第二口的時候就沒有毒液了?!?/div>
That night I did not see him set out on his way.
這天夜里,我沒有看到他起程。
He got away from me without making a sound.
他不聲不響地跑了。
When I succeeded in catching up with him he was walking along with a quick and resolute step.
當我終于趕上他的時候,他堅定地快步走著。
He said to me merely:"Ah! You are there... "
他只是對我說道:“啊,你在這兒…”
And he took me by the hand. But he was still worrying.
于是他拉著我的手。但是他仍然很擔心:
It was wrong of you to come. You will suffer.
你不該這樣。你會難受的。
I shall look as if I were dead;and that will not be true..." I said nothing.
“我會象是死去的樣子,但這不會是真的…”我默默無言。
You understand,it is too far.
你明白,路很遠。
I cannot carry this body with me. It is too heavy.
我不能帶著這付身軀走。它太重了。
I said nothing."But it will be like an old abandoned shell. There is nothing sad about old shells... "I said nothing.
我依然沉默不語?!暗?,這就好象剝落的舊樹皮一樣。舊樹皮,并沒有什么可悲的?!蔽乙廊怀聊徽Z。